Ordering & Shipping
Purchasing a Retroid Pocket 2
Where do I purchase?
Currently your best bet is directly from Retroid at https://www.goretroid.com/
AliExpress and Amazon are available at increased pricing. eBay usually has units for sale as well.
If you purchase directly from Retroid, it is recommended you pay the upgraded cost for DHL shipping for the fastest delivery time.
When will my order ship?
Check the delivery dashboard at https://www.goretroid.com/pages/delivery-dashboard
Why is my shipping taking so long?
The round time for shipping (4PX or DHL) seems to be around 2-3 weeks average. (Though this could be as little as 1 week, and as much as a month based on existing data.)
To see if the DHL upgrade is worth it, please refer to the Shipping Time Calculator and compare the average times to deliver for 4PX and dhl tracking international at from Shenzhen to your city.
What can I do while waiting for my Retroid to arrive to make setup faster and easier?
1. Review this wiki so that you know what to anticipate during prep and decide whether or not you would like to run RetroidOS or Android and read the guide for which one you've chosen.
2. Decide if you would like to run your device through internal or external storage (from your SD card). The pros and cons of both options can found on the wiki setup guide.
3. Decide if you would like to run a frontend or use Android directly, then read through the corresponding guide(s) and ask for assistance on the Discord Server or Subreddit if anything is unclear.
4. If using your own SD card for more storage, format your SD card as "exFAT" and follow the instructions on whichever guide(s) you've chosen to follow in order to get your SD card as prepared as possible. If you are planning on using the included 32GB SD card, do the same, but put all of your setup files into a separate folder on your computer.
5. Prepare your ROM backups and organize them into folders by console. If you are using the Pegasus frontend, use Skraper to retrieve ROM metadata.
6. Use the Discord Server or Subreddit to clarify any questions that you have with the process in advance.