Ordering & Shipping
Purchasing a Retroid Pocket 2
Where do I purchase?
Currently your best bet is directly from Retroid at https://www.goretroid.com/
Aliexpress and Amazon options should be arriving soon. eBay may have units for sale at an increased cost.
If you purchase directly from Retroid, it is recommended you pay the upgraded cost for DHL shipping for the fastest delivery time.
When will my order ship?
Check the delivery dashboard at https://www.goretroid.com/pages/delivery-dashboard
Why is my shipping taking so long?
The round time for shipping (4PX or DHL) seems to be around 2-3 weeks average. (Though this could be as little as 1 week, and as much as a month based on existing data.)
To see if the DHL upgrade is worth it to your location please refer to the website: https://www.trackingmore.com/estimated-delivery-time-calculator-en and compare the average times to deliver for 4PX and DHL from Shenzhen to your City.
What can I do while waiting for my Retroid to arrive to make setup faster and easier?
1. Review this wiki so that you know what to anticipate during prep abd decide whether or not you would like to run RetroidOS or Android and read the guide for which one you've chosen.
2. Also decide if you would like to run external or internal storage for your SD card. The pros and cons of both of these choices is found on the wiki setup guide.
3. Decide if you would like to run a frontend, or directly off of Android, then read through a of the guide or guides and ask on the subreddit or discord if anything is unclear.
4. If using your own SD card for larger storage, format your SD card as "exFAT" and follow the instructions on whichever guide(s) you've chosen to follow in order to get your SD card as setup as much as possible. If planning on using the included 32GB SD card, do the same, but put all of your setup into a separate folder on your computer.
5. Prepare your ROM backups and organize them into folders by console. If using Pegasus frontend, use SKraper to get ROM metadata.
6. Use the subreddit/discord channel to clarify any questions that you have with the process in advance.